I create a monotype in the following way:
- Roll out a thin layer of non-toxic printmaking ink on a Plexiglas plate;
- Draw into the ink to create an image and wipe away the excess ink;
- Place a piece of paper on top of the ink;
- Roll the plate and paper through the printing press or use a hand tool to press it to transfer the ink to paper;
- Peel the paper off the Plexiglas plate to reveal the monotype.
This process may be repeated a few or many times to layer the ink and build up an image on the paper.
Copyright © 2016 by Normandie Hand